May 1, 2012

I Will Meet You Yet Again

               As Sukriti - the love of my life ( and beyond ), turns 26 years old today, I thought of celebrating it in a special way here on my blog.- By posting a very special part of our love - A poem that I came across a long time back - A poem that had always touched my heart.

              Sukriti came in my life on the 30th of August, 2008. And after that day, we have always been like peas and carrots. We both live a long distance apart. Almost 1235 miles is the distance from Mumbai to Calcutta. After speaking to each-other for nearly two years, we decided to meet. And Sukriti, took a flight from her place to mine. She came all alone, without even notifying anyone else about it. The journey was from the east coast of India to the west. She took the ultimate risk for Me.

             I wrote this poem on a piece of paper and gave it to her the night before she was leaving me for her journey back home. I found the poem a perfect way to express my feelings for her.

             Now, some of us, who know they truly love their partners, must have had this question on their minds atleast once. That is, will we meet again after we die? And if yes, then how? where? when? These are questions that Always come in my mind. I can't live without Sukriti. And I can't imagine that after I die, I might not be able to meet her again. But as always, I have Hope that when I die, I somehow meet her. In some way or the other, we become one again. Without delaying anymore, here I present the poem - " I will meet you yet again " by Amrita Pritam.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUKRITI

Background Image by Navjot Bajwa

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem! It makes me think of my faith in the power of Christ's resurrection which He promises to those who believe. I know I will see my loved ones again. It gives me a peace that surpasses all understanding.

    Nancy Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navjot, this is a gorgeous poem... such a lovely birthday wish for your dear Sukriti! The bible tells us that life is eternal, and that God sent his Son Jesus to die for us, so that all who believe will be worthy of spending eternity in heaven with him. I read this passage just now and thought of you, it's from Romans, chapter 10:

    The word that saves is right here,
    as near as the tongue in your mouth,
    as close as the heart in your chest.

    It's the word of faith that welcomes God to go to work and set things right for us. This is the core of our preaching. Say the welcoming word to God—"Jesus is my Master"—embracing, body and soul, God's work of doing in us what he did in raising Jesus from the dead. That's it. You're not "doing" anything; you're simply calling out to God, trusting him to do it for you. That's salvation. With your whole being you embrace God setting things right, and then you say it, right out loud: "God has set everything right between him and me!"

    Scripture reassures us, "No one who trusts God like this—heart and soul—will ever regret it." It's exactly the same no matter what a person's religious background may be: the same God for all of us, acting the same incredibly generous way to everyone who calls out for help. "Everyone who calls, 'Help, God!' gets help."

    Happy Birthday, Sukiriti! And much love to my BFF Navjot Bajwa, all the way from Savannah, GA.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Navjot, this is a very, very beautiful poem. Had to get some tissues while I was reading it. So happy for you and Sukriti! And "Happy Belated Birthday" to the lovely Ms. Sukriti :* ...and, just like our darling Catherine, I too wish you both love - all the way from Jakarta, Indonesia <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....wow! This was beautiful. When we meet that special love of our life, you can't help but reflect on God's love. Sweet:-)
    Evie730

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Navjot, such a sweet thing to do for your sweetheart! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I love what the Scriptures about Love... "Love never fails." :) ---> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NIV1984

    ReplyDelete